Skip to main content

When Breakups Start in Relationships

Breakup Disagreement Couple Seating on a bench outside

Doesn’t it surprise us most times when people who seem to be in love, for the most part, break up eventually or announce their breakup? Most of us used to be surprised or act surprised when we see people break up or when we come to the point of breakup in our relationships. I often wonder when people seem surprised when their relationships come to an end.

I think that the end of any relationship starts somewhere. I think that signs of breakups in a relationship start from somewhere. I believe that breakups start long ago before it happens. And I believe that the signs have always been there. And often, I wonder, is it that we were blinded or we just chose to be blinded? I often say it does not matter whether we take the day to be night or the night to be the day, the day or the night is what it is and will always be what it is. No matter what we believe or what we want to believe, we can hardly change a natural phenomenon.

So, this brings us to the question: when does a breakup start in a relationship? When do the signs of breakup start showing up in a relationship? The relationship I’m talking about here is the boyfriend and girlfriend kind of relationship, spanning all ranges of its kind.

So, when do breakups start in relationships? I say breakups start from the very beginning of the relationship. The signs of a breakup start from the very start of the relationship. From the very first moment, a guy says Hi! to a girl and she responds, the eventuality of breakup starts from there, there and then if there is going to be a breakup in their relationship.


In this article, I list these signs in the following content for easy navigation.

  1. The Overall Signs
  2. What They Call Cruise
    1. Depicting that You Have An Equal
    2. Partner's Status Show
    3. Photos of Your Partner in Uncompromising Places.
    4. Talking More About Separation
    5. Yet to be Done Testing The Waters.


The Overall Sign.

Now, knowing these things sometimes is almost instantaneous for some people but for most people, it’s not that visible. Let’s have an instance. A guy sees a girl, first, how she dresses, and how she carries herself, and others had given him a clue of how and what she might be already. To clear all doubt and to be sure, he had to make a move to establish a conversation that might lead to a possible connection. Now, he proceeded and said Hi! Her first response will reveal what she is more interested in, in a person of that sort. And it is always almost obvious.

A guy always knows what they have to give more in a relationship, likewise, a girl always knows what she wants more in a relationship. When what a guy has to give more does not match with what a girl wants more in a relationship, a breakup is almost inevitable unless they are both knowledgeable enough to manage these variances with best practices. When a guy has his legs more to give in a relationship and her first response indicates that she needs more of his head, seeds of breakup have been planted already.

Let it not be too surprising to us, breakups start from the very beginning of relationships. The seeds of breakup are usually planted by one party and this same party always has a way of watering the seeds planted.

Especially these days of social media with little or no matching sense from the netizens, it is very easy to fan the flames of breakups without even realizing it.

These days, people, especially the young ones, call such things cruise. They'll call it Cruise and say, I was just catching Cruise.

Back To Content


What They Call Cruise.

More often than not, what these people call Cruise is a show of a lack of sense on their part, a show that you can call someone a fool and expects the person to be cool with you, a show of lack of respect, a show of lack of knowledge, a show of lack of Wisdom and a show of lack of the very least, a love that is enough.


A guy who claims to have a serious girlfriend or any form of girlfriend at all for that matter would get on any of his social media handles and post a status that says,

"I feel so honoured to have you graced my presence with your elegant being and you fulfilled my every fantasy. I had such a swell time with you today and can't wait to have more Angela."

Meanwhile, his girlfriend is Clara and Clara does not know this Angela.  Even if she knew this Angela, Clara and Angela were not together when Angela was fulfilling his every fantasy.

This young man thought he could make such a post and still expects his supposed girlfriend Clara to still be with him. Of course, she left him immediately after she spotted the post. This is how the people of this generation have become senseless in matters concerning effective relationships. And when you want to advise them sometimes, they'll say, " who relationship help."

The other day, I saw a video of a young man who was slapped by the young lady he was proposing marriage to before she took the ring from him and said I Do. The young got up from his knees down and walk away while the girl chased after him saying "it was just Cruise, I am so sorry, please come back, forgive me, I love you, I'll marry you, etc." Of course, the young man left and didn't look back. See a part of the video below.

Back To Content



Back To Content


The Systematic Breakup.


Number 1: Depicting that someone else is your equal.

A guy may seemingly be in a relationship with a girl and she would almost constantly be telling the guy most times he calls that "my other boyfriend is here with me right now, would you like to talk to him? He just finished giving me a foot massage. When I missed your calls earlier, he was giving me a foot massage. He just cooked for me, we just finished eating." And so on. And she will expect the guy not to react? The guy left eventually and she said he broke her heart.

Back To Content


Number 2: Partner's Status Show.

A guy is going out with a girl and he sees her almost at all times on social media platforms catching Cruise on her status as shown below.

"The Status:" If Police arrest you now and they said you'll be released when your boyfriend calls you. When will you be released?

" Her response:" I will never be released then cos, I don't have a boyfriend.

If Police Arrest You Now
The thing is, such a girl would still be surprised when her boyfriend leaves her or does not take her seriously anymore"

" This one reads. It's someone who has money that looks for a serious relationship. This kind of post came from a girlfriend after she had asked for something from her boyfriend and he couldn't meet her target.

I shouldn't say what this post might mean. You should know what it could mean. Drop what you think in the comment section.
"

"This one reads: I am single, I pray my future husband will not see me and assume that I'm taken.
I am single
This is a post from a girl who her boyfriend possibly thinks that they are in a relationship. How would you think her boyfriend should take their relationship henceforth? When the guy walks tomorrow, we'll begin to hear things like he broke my heart, he served me breakfast.


" Someone who is supposedly in a relationship still posting: Somebody's son will find me one day. Is the person who is with you presently, somebody's daughter?"

Back To Content



Number 3: Photos of your partner in uncompromising places.


A guy is going out with a girl and every weekend or most days, he keeps seeing her photos on social media in one hotel or the other and sometimes with people he doesn't know in an uncompromising position, what does the girl think that the guy will think?

I mean, this is a guy who knows your house. He knows that your bathroom does not look like the one in your photo.

In the nearest future, when he leaves the relationship, she will be the one shouting, he broke my heart.

The truth is, the evidence that there must be a breakup has always been there almost on daily basis.

I wonder why most people completely forget that there's something called course and effect when they are the ones messing up.

Sadly, most people think that they can eat their cake and still have it.


All these are signs that your partner is not seeing you as a partner. All these are signs that the one you call a partner doesn't see you as a partner. All these are signs that are revealing that the person you are seeing as a girlfriend is not seeing you as her boyfriend. All these are signs that the boy you think is your boyfriend doesn't see you as his girlfriend.

The signs of an eventual breakup are always being revealing from the onset of the relationship in most cases.

Number 4: Talking more about separation.


Another point that shows that a breakup is inevitable in your relationship is when your partner's choice of words in conversations hits more on separation than on togetherness.

Statements like: I know the kind of person you want and it's definitely not me. Any person who will marry you will enjoy you. You will make a good partner to someone someday. So after this love, we'll both soon find ourselves in some other people's arms someday. And so on.

Number 5: Yet to be done testing the waters.


It is obvious most times that the person you are in a relationship with is not done exploring and is dying to keep exploring. Such a person most of the time sees a relationship as being in a cage and would often say, I don't want to be controlled, I want to be free like a bird. Such a person wants to still test the waters. Such a person has not done kissing their frogs yet.

Try to get too serious with such a person and lose him or her. Try to let them be the way they want to be and hear complaints that you don't care, especially with the girls.

In most of the relationships we get into, the signs that there must be a breakup have always been there and we know it. Why do we then act surprised when the breakup finally happens? Why do we feel uncontrollable heartbreak when the ship of our relationship finally docks on the shores of breakup?

All these signs are supposed to be preparing us for that eventuality but most times, we fail to prepare ourselves. Now some of us will still be stirring breakups in the name of preparing ourselves.

Though this is not an article for "the best way of preparing ourselves for the eventuality of a breakup," it is worth mentioning that preparing ourselves doesn't entail having another or other partners nor building defences that will further catalyze the process of the breakup.

Preparing ourselves in this regard is knowing in our heart that with these signs, this relationship will come to an end but I want to enjoy every bit of it while it last so I'll do everything within my power to make it worth it and enjoyable as long as it lasts.

My Personal Story.

I've been in relationships where I know that a breakup is inevitable as most of these signs have played out and are still playing out but I always do stay committed to doing everything within my ability to keep it enjoyable as long as it lasts.

Back To Content

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman - Poem

By Costly Oma . 1. Unaware, she seems,  Fragile, yet able. Tender, she appears. Weak, yet strong. 2. Subtle with wit. Accommodating with guard. Loose with focus. Loving with vision. 3. Characterized by beauty. Categorized as an angel. Graced with curves, And strides with style. 4. Builder like a bird. Keeper like a hen. Lover like a dolphin. Carrier like a whale. 5. Protector like an eagle. Giver like a hose. Fighter like animal. Server like a servant. 6. Product like honey. Fierce, yet gentle. Comforts like a home. This is a woman. Related: >>> A Mother Poem . >>> A Father Poem .

NYSC SCHEME - Poem

By Costly Oma .  Written In 2013.  First Published: Feb. 2014. 1.  An idea was birthed,  And into action, it sprung. Since from Nineteen Seventy-Three, Youths have been shuffled. 2. With a call, we moved A call to serve, our best to render, A call to give, our best to offer. A call to keep one Nigeria 3. Under the sun, we matched. In the rain, no difference. When it’s bright and clear, And otherwise, we answer. 4. A call like no other, Beginning with a journey, Then living three weeks in exclusion, Learning new things in new style. 5. A call so anticipated, Becomes so tiring with time, Then feels it should be extended but boring, Yet memories linger. 6. With the hope of National unity, It was birthed.  I hope that its cause has not been tilted, For sacrifices have been made. 7. NYSC SCHEME, We hope that your aim we achieve, For your call we heard, And your rules we kept. #nyscpoem #nyscschemepoem #scheme #nysc #poems #nationalyouthservice #nationalyouthservicecorp ##nationalyouthservic

Time - Poem

TIME Speaking!!! 1. Trust me, I’m in your beginning, In-between. And in your end. 2. I’m a part you can’t do without. An entity of immeasurable worth. A unit of the highest value. A mystery in essence. 3. Your future, I determine Your goals, I monitor Your achievements All, wrapped up in me. 4. I’m terrible. I’m hostile. I’m always against you. But I am a friend. 5. The diligence blesses me. The froward curse me. What are you? I AM TIME. 6. Seek me early and In abundance, you shall find me Seek me late and In the scarcity of me, you shall wallow. 7. Feel you have me, Lost me, you’d just. Feel you lost me, In hast, you must be. 8. Yea, you wish, I know. That I could be friendlier. But this is who and what I am. Just time. Man Speaking!!! 9. Oh, time. A treasure, yet cruel. A blessing, yet a curse. In endless circles you are. 10. Fashioning every man’s destiny. From where did you spring? A limited counting you are, In regular intervals. 11. Regulating man’s every endeavour. Slow it is wh

Father - Poem

By Costly Oma . 1. A Father. A role you are given. A role you didn't ask for, Yet you accepted, And have learned to understand. 2. A Father. Like a purpose, You stay loyal to it's aim. Like a vision, You stay married to it's picture. 3. A Father. Characterized by strength, Categorized by direction. Geared to provide. Wired to protect. 4. A Father. You carry a burden, Burden unknown to your wife, Burden unknown to your children, Burden unknown to your family. 5. The strength of the home. The defense of the family.  You cry sometime, Oh, yes you do, But not in the open.  6. Children misconcepts you, Misconcepts your nature, Nature of care and provision, And ascribes everything to their mothers. Lost are we without a father.  7. I love you dad, I don't misconcept you, Thank you for your seamless, Seamless care and provision.  My Father. #costly #oma #costlyoma #costlyomapoems #costlyomablog #father #fatherpoem #poemaboutfather #poemaboutafather

The Reason

By Costly Oma . 1. Solace, I find in poetry. In poetry, relief, I find. Not without the pain. But the pain, it soothes. 2. In my darkest days, And in my darkest hours, A line of poetry, in my heart, The difference, make. 3. When I find myself lost, In all that I cannot explain, The courage to press, A poetry gives. 4. My first love, I cannot tell. The present, past, and future. I choose the now, For the morrow, I know not. 5. When the bridge is out, And the living, being choked away, But saddled with poetry, To hold and hold I may. 6. From the lines of Ann Taylor's My Mother. To the ancient scripts of Dangerous Beauty, I grief still, But a lift, in poetry I find.  Happy World Poetry Day.

My Death-Feelings So Far – Part 1

By Costly Oma . My Death Encounter Part - 1. ~~My Body Leaving My Body~~ Sometime in the first quarter of the year 2018, around 4 AM in the morning, while I was still in bed, I was woken up by a strong presence of what I can call death. I felt this chilled cold sweep past me, from the soul of my feet to the crown of my head. It was so dramatic as I feel like the cold was swallowing me, starting from the soul of my feet to the crown of my head. As I got completely engulfed by the cold, I woke up. I woke up and got down from the bed but I was still seeing myself lying on the bed. I stood up but it felt like I wasn’t the one standing as I was seeing another me lying in bed. I was obviously at this point confused as to what was happening as I am both standing and lying down at the same time. As I was yet to get my mind organised as to what was happening, I saw a thick dark cloud forming at the westside wall of the room. This thick dark cloud looks so dirty and it smells so bad. As this cl

My Life Experiences And Quotes

By Costly Oma . Life has a way of Teaching, Taming and training humans. All of these life's teachings could be termed as Life's Experiences and everyone has had a measure of them. No two individuals have the same sets of life experiences in their entirety since no two people have been known to have been subjected to the same sets of living in all ramifications since our life's experiences are how we live based. I've got some of my life experiences compiled. I hope they give you something to think about as you go through them one after the other. In the cause of life, I've come to learn the following:  My father would always say; Make sure you know all there is to know. If you want something done well, do it yourself. He that rests, rusts. Education without morality is like tea without sugar. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. People generally, hardly mean what they say but women are more so. And he warns; be extremely careful on how you execute women's de

Be Inspired - Story Of An Elephant and a Dog

An elephant and a dog became pregnant at the same time. Three months down the line the dog gave birth to six puppies. Six months later the dog was pregnant again, and nine months on it gave birth to another dozen puppies. The pattern continued. On the eighteenth month, the dog approached the elephant questioning, "Are you sure that you are pregnant? We became pregnant on the same date, I have given birth three times to a dozen puppies and they are now grown to become big dogs, yet you are still pregnant. What's going on?" The elephant replied, "There is something I want you to understand. What I am carrying is not a puppy but an elephant. I only give birth to one in two years. When my baby hits the ground, the earth feels it. When my baby crosses the road, human beings stop and watch in admiration, what I carry draws attention. So what I'm carrying is mighty and great." Don't lose faith when you see others receive answers to their prayers. Don't be e

There Are No Ordinary Words.

60% of all human communication is Nonverbal, meaning body language. 30% comes from the Tone in our voice. This means that what is really coming out of our mouths is just 10%. By   Costly Oma .  Our Words are like Bullets So To Say In a world where everyone has something to say and we are all saying one thing or the other, it is pertinent that we all learn and know or become aware of how to choose our words carefully and the tone in our voice correctly anytime we are engaging in a conversation knowing that for the message to be communicated accurately, there must be sound, and tones make up sounds and sounds come in words in conversation. Here is something I call the right choice of words. When the tone is right, the sound is right and when words are carefully chosen, communication is excellent. Don’t you want to get to that point? For me, I always want to be there. In this article, we will be learning the importance of choosing our words and the tone of our voice correctly when engagin

Choosing The Sex Of Your Baby.

The Shettle's Method By Costly Oma . This post is all about having the knowledge that will enable us to choose the sex of our babies. That is, having the knowledge to choose whether as couples, we want to have a male child or we want to have a female child at any time that we want to add a child to the family.  This method of course is Shettle's method of choosing the sex of our babies. It is called the Shettle's method because the method was named after the person who invented it  Landrum B. Shettles in the 1960s. This Shettle's method was published in the book How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby , coauthored by Shettles and David Rorvik . The book How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby was first published in 1971 and has been in print in various editions ever since. Although this method has been said to not have strong scientific proof, people who have followed the method have testified to have been able to choose the sex of the baby they want to have and they said that